sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2009

Puerto Rican Mobile Marketing Survey: Understanding people vs. ads

In general terms, Puerto Rico has a great potential in publicity and marketing. Here we have a lot of promotions from billboards to flyers to mobile marketing campaigns. I made a survey to understand what people want and what they think about mobile marketing campaigns in general. Some of my questions are directed to the mobile applications itself; I was be surprise when I read the results.

I found the results very interesting. I can summarize several of these results in the following way: everybody (100%) has a cell phone, 60% of the surveyed people primarily use their mobile devices to check mails, text, etc. (data), 80% of the surveyed people like to upgrade their mobile devices every time they can, one person hates mobile advertising, 80% of the surveyed people do not play games on their cell phones and 100% of them didn’t buy anything (applications, games, etc.).

When I asked them if they feel traditional ads are going to be replaced by this kind of advertising they answer me the following: “(1) I hope not. I pay for service, why should I suffer ads – it’s not free, media supported service, (2) I think mobile ads are going to be a complement to traditional ads, (3) No. The most of mobile ads are full text and the traditional ads include images, graphics and situation to capture the customer attention to buy its products, (4) Yes, because it’s faster, (5) Yes, because no paper is spent and helps the planet”. The answers are very interesting: 40% of them said that they understand traditional ads are going to be replaced by mobile marketing, 40% said no and the 20% said that traditional ads are going to be a compliment of mobile ads. In terms of the importance of functionality and stylish 100% of the surveyed people said functionality is more important than style.

People in my survey are very aware and understand what the mobile marketing is. I choose different people with different personalities and they were similar in many ways. I discovered that people want mobile applications but in an easy way. For example, they didn’t like to buy ringtones but 80% like to upgrade their mobile devices.

Lastly, this survey is going to help me in my Business Plan Project because of the content and the answers. For this Project, I want to incorporate many concepts I learned in the Mobile Marketing & Commerce class. The survey results are helping me with my critical thinking and organization skills. Regarding this survey, I think that we always have to listen to what people want, that’s the key of success.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario