sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2009

Negotiation and deal making with foreign producers

Discovery Kids’ Lazy Town (2008) and Hi-5 (2009) are two of my favorite works. I produced these live shows for the first time in Puerto Rico. Lazy Town presents an excellent and colorful show that broke record in assistance with 40,000 Puerto Rican kids. My work as a producer included: negotiation and deal making with clients, coordination, finance aspects, supervision of my production staff and to make important decisions.

I love producing live shows in Puerto Rico. People know me and know how I make things right. I became a leader and a respectful professional because I represent (produce) serious projects and I can deal with all the requirements the client ask me. Organization is the key to develop a successful project.

The Brazilian executive producer of Lazy Town Live Show Celia Rafael from EXIM in Brazil sent me a thankful note thanking our attention during this production in Puerto Rico. The email was written half in Portuguese and half in Spanish:

Josema, Quiero agradecer la atencion dispensada a mi equipo e principalmente o cariño que ustedes nos dispensaram em estos dias. Para nosostros fue maravilloso esta experiência con ustedes. Espero realmente que podamos trabajar juntos en otros proyectos. Espero ustedes en San Pablo en breve.

(Josema, I want to thanks all the attention you gave to my staff especially for the help you gave us those days. For me these past few days were wonderful with you. I hope to work with you again in other projects. I will wait you soon in Sao Paolo.)

With Hi-5 I had the chance to shine. I really know (for the second time) what I did. I presented a convenient platform to develop this entire extraordinaire project. Once again we presented a great, organized and wonderful live show to the kids and they, for sure, loved it. My labor as producer was done. I made things happen and I transformed this show in a big success. Once again I received a note thanking me for the professional attention:

Josema querido! Mil gracias por tu mail, desde ya fue un placer conocerlos y como te dije… para

mi ha sido una hermosa experiencia. Éxitos en todo, espero verlos muuuy pronto! Estamos en contacto. Besos! Andre. – (Andrea Donato, Production manager for AINES Argentina, 2009)

(Dear Josema, thanks for your mail. It was a pleasure meeting you and as I said it was a wonderful experience. Good luck and I hope I can see you all very soon. We'll keep in touch. Kisses, Andre).

I felt very satisfied. I felt that I am good of what I do. I felt great!!!


1 comentario:

  1. I remember that night when i brought my 3 kids to the concert. Their first concert. I am so thankful that their expectations and our expectations were fulfilled. I could not agree more with the organization. Here mention two thankful notes, but all the parents there, including myself and my wife, where thankful, not only for the songs, and fun, but for the joy that you brought to our kids in their lives as well in ours.

    ResponderEliminar