sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2009

“Finally, my Business Plan project is a reality. For sure, I’m going to be very successful in the Puerto Rican entertainment industry!”


Tory Johnson (1996), CEO of Women for Hire did a concise and great introduction in an article called Building your Business Plan: “Starting and managing a business takes motivation, research, preparation, talent, and foremost: a good business plan. Before beginning, take the time to evaluate and explore your business and personal goals. Once you do that you can use the information to create a thorough and thoughtful business plan that will help you achieve these goals”.

I’m speechless doing what I love to do most: entertain Puerto Rican people with great and creative choices from TV to Live Shows. With the help of this business plan I’m going to be better prepared to be part of this wonderful entertainment market. I want my company to create new things, offer new and fresh concepts, and provide new ideas to my clients.

When I started doing this Business Plan I didn’t know how hard it would be: I have a job. Sometimes I come home late, and also I have to take care of additional things regarding my job like after work meetings and travels. When I realized how much work it would be, I had to be more organized and clear of what I needed to do: A COMPLETE PLAN FOR MY BUSINESS, PRODUCTORES. PRODUCTORES is a TV, event, and live shows production office. It will be located in San Juan because almost all the TV productions in Puerto Rico are produced there. “Puerto Rico is the best place as regards entertainment and nightlife” (travelmaps.com). PRODUCTORES plans to provide all the elements of the production process, utilizing other suppliers (production manager, lighting directors, sound engineers, TV technicians, etc) for each project.

PRODUCTORES mission statement, featuring the slogan PRODUCTORES: “Creating Extraordinaire Quality Events”, summarizes the company’s goal, strategies and values. In the future, PRODUCTORES will be focus on innovations and growth in the area of TV and event production, and artist management with high-tech equipment and services. Our mission statement is to create and promote the productions and to offer the best customer service. Our services include negotiation and deal making with clients, music production, complete production staff: directors, producers, choreographers, dancers and production managers, technical support: lighting, sound, “staging” and video, operation logistics: mails, immigration, insurances, entertainment legal advisors, operation and installations of events; among others, tours: tour coordination and accommodations for artists, managers and coordinators, venue coordination, merchandising coordination, public relations and publicity, booking (artists), artist management, TV Production (television specials, realities; among others).

During the first week I had to go to past classes to refresh ideas. Entertainment Business Finance and Project and Team Management classes helped me to identify and develop the ideas I presented for my business plan. These two classes made my life a little easier during this Business Plan Development course. With these elements I was able to start my papers without any problems and with a calm attitude. The ideas and concepts that came to my mind were very real and fundamental. I like to feel that I can see the results of a hard road. The professional applications I selected helped me to make an excellent choice and gave me a very clear scenario to develop my TV, live shows and event company.

At the end of the course I’m going to have a complete project to present in my hands. I have many ideas and I want to accomplish all of them. My company would be a successful one in the Puerto Rico area because right now my competitors need to present fresh ideas like mine.

I had many challenges and opportunities creating this project. The challenges I encountered doing this plan were endless. First of all I had to deal with the time. I worked all day and then I had to come to my apartment to think about my project. It was hard work. Another thing I had to accomplish was to review my previous clasess. I really enjoyed viewing all this material. An opportunity I will have is to present this plan to investors and banks in Puerto Rico. It’s amazing how you can create your future in a paper. I know that I will have the opportunity to be successful and to present fresh ideas and new concepts to the Puerto Rican community. They will experience a different kind of television, a different form of technology.

Definitely, the EBMS curriculum and this course helped me to increase the leader within me. I feel more professional and confident with all the tools I learned here. The best thing was the contact with my classmates and other professionals and the learning I received from all the courses. Being in an online program could be a little bit more difficult than being in a class. “Primera Hora”, one of the most important newspaper in Puerto Rico conducted an interview with me to discuss my experience with the online program with a USA university. I really like this because I feel that I am making a change. I am a pioneer in the NEW entertainment business in Puerto Rico.

2 comentarios:

  1. Count on me!!! It looks like an awesome project, and why not? The situation we are having in PR (and in the whole world) get us to redirect our thoughts about working for an established company. Like I once heard, the future are on the independent productions company, and why can´t we begin now! Éxito hermano! William

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Theres is a differents kinds of people!!
    People who always are complaining about how hard life is and people who always no matter what decide to go for it!! You are one of them!!
    Go boy!!

    ResponderEliminar