sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2009

EMMY Experience: A professional experience in LA to never forget



As a TV Producer I need to be close to the Academy, I need to be aware of what is happening in the TV industry. I decided to participate in the EMMY’S Organization for several reasons. First of all, I wanted to know all about the industry, productions, and options and of course, meet some people.

My first activity with them was in June 2009; I flew from Puerto Rico to Los Angeles to participate in a special of fathers’ day called: A Father’s Day Salute to TV Dads. This reunion was live In the Academy facilities in LA. We enjoyed to listen the stories of many famous dads that entertain us from decades to now days. Dick Van Dyke,
Tom Bosley, Stephen Collins,
Bryan Cranston, Jon Cryer, 
Patrick Duffy, Michael Gross, 
Bill Paxton, Dick Van Patten and
Reginald VelJohnson (Family Matters) keep us laughing with the many stories they told us.


In this special I had the chance to meet several of these famous big screen artists. I listened the history of these gentleman and I thought immediately that they are real people too. I liked the way they told the adventures they've had on the TV when they were participating in one or another production.


I had the chance to meet and talk with Susan Somers, Reginald VelJohnson and Dick Van Dyke. Reginald and Dick Van Dyke were amazing, they like to make jokes and they always have a smile on their faces. Mrs. Somers is more intellectual and she is gorgeous. She said to me that the true beauty lies on us. She was amazing.

My conversation to them was related to the entertainment industry in Puerto Rico. They didn’t believe that in Puerto Rico we have only a few local TV programs. I told Reginald that I saw him every night at 12am on Nickelodeon. I invited them to come to the Island and meet me for dinner. They agreed in a lot of things I said and I agreed with their positions. I felt great to talk to them.

I demonstrated the leader within me. I talked with precision and with a positive attitude. I liked the way the conversation turned on. I felt great; I know that this Puerto Rican producer is going to do many memorial productions and wonderful contact. After all, contacts give us alive.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario